Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"A Deep, Deep Breath"

We recently received an email we'd like to share with you. Sarah has given us permission to quote excerpts. Her response reaffirms the hopes that Nancy & I have for the book.

A few days ago a dear friend of mine handed me a copy of Living Consciously, Dying Gracefully: A Journey with Cancer and Beyond and said, "This might be helpful to you right now." Now that I've finished your book, I have to say that her words are an understatement.

I can't begin to tell you what an absolute blessing it is. My mom was diagnosed with appendiceal cancer in March and has had surgery, chemo treatment and now after only 6 weeks in remission, the cancer has returned. Our family has always been open to holistic healing, alternative medicine, and spiritual health, and to hear how Diane chose to live with her cancer brings me such encouragement and peace. This is exactly what I want my mom to know -- that she can choose how she wants to continue.

I'm so filled with gratitude for this book that I can't even begin to verbalize all the ways that it impacts me. Reading it was like taking a deep, deep breath. For the first time I feel like this entire experience is going to be exactly how it is supposed to be. My fears are slowly fading and being replaced by feelings of peace. And for that I am utterly grateful to both of you, to Diane, and to your entire family for being willing to share this experience.

In gratitude,
Sarah Fisher

Thank you, Sarah. Your words are an inspiration to us to continue our work!

Becky

No comments: